Contact me

2010 SKETCHBOOK (60 pages, black/white/tone, print run 100 copies)

Editions

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Alex Nino at New Comics Group and Innovation in the 1990s

A cover to the first Chuck Dixon / Alex Nino "Demon Blade" from NCG. Just love that cover and wish Nino did more painted work like that.


Alex Nino also did one issue of "Nightmare" for a company called Innovation. I loved everything about it...except maybe the coloring (which, through no fault of the colorist, was a result of the growing pains that comics were going through at the time...it was all about trying to find a sweet spot between the better printing technology, better paper, and new coloring techniques).



I know for a fact that Nino drew a second issue that never got published. I know that for sure, because a few years ago, on E-Bay, I purchased a page of original Nino art from Nightmare #2. That is for some future post :)

No comments: