Contact me

2010 SKETCHBOOK (60 pages, black/white/tone, print run 100 copies)

Editions

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Dark Crystal take 2 and Al Williamson

The signing at Merced's Red Sky Comics was great. I got to see some old friends, meet some new fans, and drew sketches pretty much non stop....does not mean I drew a lot of sketches, just means I am real slow :) I was pleasantly surprised to see how many Dark Crystal fans are out there! I got to spend a little bit of time with JH and Wendy Williams and I got to see some of Jim's art work from the upcoming Batwoman #12 and #13...outstanding. I kept telling him that the work deserves to be printed in the same format as IDW's Artist's Edition books. Wonderful art, progressive storytelling, and great "acting" by the characters (that is one of the hardest things to do). So all in all a great day...except I got lost on my way back and ended-up driving through Modesto, Stockton, Tracy, Livermore, and Milpitas before I got back to San Jose. I have just finished looking through the amazon.com website and I pre-ordered a bunch of books! Fantagraphics if putting out a line of books that reprints EC stories grouped by particular artists. They will have a volume devoted to Wally Wood, a volume for Al Willamson (with some stories inked by Frazetta!), and a volume by Jack Davis. How can you NOT pre-order that!?!?!? Other things on pre-order: "Judas Coin" by Walter Simonson "Rio" by Doug Wildey "Woodwork" by Wally Wood "Bible" By Joe Kubert and Nestor Redondo "Genius: Illustrated" by Alex Toth "Green Lantern" By Len Wein and Dave Gibbons On the drawing board: Dark Crystal Volume 2, page 32...........

No comments: