Contact me

2010 SKETCHBOOK (60 pages, black/white/tone, print run 100 copies)

Editions

Saturday, December 04, 2010

The Human Hourglass by Charles Yoakum.

Here is the inked version of the Captain Marvel pin-up:




Together with the inked pin-up, I got a copy of Charles' "Carnival: The Human Hourglass". Charles still has a few copies available after APE and he is selling them through his BLOG.

The coolest thing is that for just a few dollars you get the ashcan AND Charles does an original sketch (knowing my love of the 70's cosmic Marvel universe, Charles did a Captain Marvel for me). "The Human Hourglass" is a great crime noir story, well told, and drawn with care. I enjoyed it and I recommend it...a lot :)

4 comments:

DeBruno said...

I love your takes on Captain Marvel and Adam Warlock.

John Taber said...

[Drool.]

Jay said...

do you ever sell these images? This one is really terrific, as are all of yours!

Alex Sheikman said...

Thank you Jay,

I do have a few drawings for sale. If you (or anyone :) else) is interested, please contact me using the e-mail at the top of the blog.

Alex S-