Contact me

2010 SKETCHBOOK (60 pages, black/white/tone, print run 100 copies)

Editions

Monday, April 05, 2010

Steranko Archives Volume 1...got it!


Back in February I wrote about trying to purchase "Visual Theory: Steranko Archives Volume 1" from the Supergraphics website. It turned out that the website is indeed for real, but my order went into the Spam folder somehow. But that got taken care of and I have received my copy this week!

It is a great sketchbook showcasing Steranko's pencil work with different studies and some very finished drawings. In the back, Steranko writes a little blurb about each of the pages and that is very fun to read. For example, there is a Nick Fury pin-up that he did in the 90's when there was talk about him doing another Nick Fury book for Marvel. The reason why he drew it, was because Stan Lee wanted to know if Steranko could still draw...like I said it's a fun read (even if it's too short).

No comments: