Contact me

2010 SKETCHBOOK (60 pages, black/white/tone, print run 100 copies)

Editions

Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Ancient One



I have just finished reading "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?". I originally checked it out of the library because I knew that "BladeRunner" is based on that short story and since I like the movie, I figured I would try the book.

I quickly discovered that the short story was nothing like the movie. There is definitely some of the same plot points and even a few similar situations...but it is two very different stories. I must say that I like both versions (even if I don't fully understand the Dick's verse version). Philip K. Dick is like the Kafka of science fiction, his writing is more about the out-of-body experience that his characters are undergoing rather than about anything specific that is happening in the plot. The spider torture scene almost made me dizzy...

No comments: